Monday, August 7, 2017

Summer Tone Up 2017 | Week 3 Check in | #TIU




Hello friends! Happy Monday!

Week 3 of the Summer Tone Up has ended... it was a little rough for me. If you read my inspirational post yesterday, you know that I had a few setbacks this past week.

First, I somehow hurt my ankle. I don't know how, but I got up from the table, started walking, and instantly felt a sharp twinge. Nice. I wrapped it up that evening and did a workout, albeit modified and slow.





Then as if that wasn't enough, I woke up to a slight tickle, ache feeling in my throat. You know the one... the inkling that if you don't start intensely taking precautions, you're going to end up out of commission for the next week and a half to two weeks.

Cute.

hahaha!

So, I took it easy. I figured a little bit of working out was better than going full tilt, getting sick, and being benched for up to two weeks.

It worked. I'm not sick. My ankle is fine, but I should probably take the 5 minutes to wrap it before working out each day.

But, I was supposed to take measurements yesterday.

That would have been a bad idea. I have bulked, which is normal for me in this stage of fitness challenges. I always, without fail, bulk up and then so long as I trust in the process and keep going, I slim out.

In addition to that, I have been ravenous, and I may have been indulging in more carbs than normal.

So... for the sake of my well being, I opted out of measurements yesterday. I will take them next week. :)

I have found myself getting a little tired of this challenge. Yesterday's workout was once again beach ballin' + a run. I wasn't feeling it. I opted for music and a nice yoga sesh instead.





Today I'm feeling much the same way. So, I will do some HIIT, just not the TIU video. I get tired of doing the same videos, the same moves, over and over again. I need to switch it up and have variety.

In no way am I a fitness expert or fitness model.

I'm an Ohio gal, a mom, a wife, who has a deep passion for fitness and health.

And that is why I love these check-ins and despite thinking that I didn't have much to say and wouldn't write this post today, I decided to do it anyway. To show you that if you feel tired, discouraged, uninspired, unmotivated.. you're not alone. We all feel that way from time to time.

And it's okay to whine and complain for a little bit... then you stop. Take a deep breath. Suck it up. Put on your workout clothes, and get it done. Just like anything else in this life. Sometimes we have to do things we don't want to do. But we do it anyway. And guess what? You're spending time doing it, you may as well change your attitude about it. Be grateful and smile because you are alive and you can move. Or be grateful and smile because you sucked it up, got it done, and now you can move on with your day.

Week 4, I'm coming for ya. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment